Immunizations & Vaccinations
Preventive medicine in the form of immunizations and vaccinations is important in protecting the health of children, adults, and seniors alike. That is why EMC Express Care in North Richland Hills, Texas offers an extensive array of immunizations to our urgent care and walk-in patients.
Vaccinations for Adults
- Influenza (flu) shot – A flu vaccine is provided annually for seniors, adults, and children prior to winter flu season for all patients older than six months.
- Hepatitis A shot – This disease can be transmitted through contaminated food and water (e.g. raw shellfish; foods prepared by an infected food handler).
- Hepatitis B shot – A series is recommended for anyone born before 1982 (when the vaccine was introduced) who has not received the immunization.
- Tetanus shot – We recommend a booster every 10 years (5 years with tetanus-prone wound). Adults and adolescents age 11-18 should receive one dose of Tdap for added protection against pertussis.
- MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella) vaccination – This is recommended for adults born after 1956 who have not completed the two-dose series.
- Meningococcal vaccination – This is recommended to prevent a cause of fatal bacterial meningitis in healthy people.
- Varicella (chickenpox, not shingles) vaccination – People 13 years of age and older who have never had chickenpox or received the chickenpox vaccine should get two doses at least 28 days apart.
During a physical examination, your EMC Express Care physician may recommend an appropriate vaccination based on your medical history, travel plans, or specific symptoms. Some immunizations may also be required to obtain permanent resident status in the United States.
Urgent Care Walk-In Clinic in North Richland Hills, TX
For more information about the immunizations and vaccinations we offer at EMC Express Care, drop by our North Richland Hills walk-in clinic any day between 10 am and 8 pm or call us at (817) 503-8800.