COVID-19 drive-through testing is a quick and easy way to get tested for the virus. Simply drive up to the testing site, and a trained medical professional will administer the test. Results are typically available within one to three days. What makes COVID-19 drive-through testing great is that it allows you to get tested without having to go into a doctor’s office or hospital and risk exposure. It is considered the most efficient method for COVID-19 testing that helps reduce the spread of the virus.
If you are planning to get a COVID-19 drive-through test in Richmond Hills, Texas, here are a few things you should prepare and take with you.
What to Bring to a COVID-19 Drive-Through Test
Below are a few things you should bring with you to your COVID-19 drive-through testing appointment:
- ID: You will need to show your ID for identification purposes. Bring a valid, government-issued photo ID in order to be tested for COVID-19, such as your driver’s license.
- Mask: While drive through testing does a great job at limiting exposure to the medical staff and the patients being tested, bringing a mask with you is always a good idea. The staff may have a few questions for you, and wearing a mask before and after the test is done is a great way to further reduce exposure risk.
- Insurance card: Most insurance companies will cover the cost of COVID-19 testing. Make sure to bring your insurance card with you, so the staff can document your information and bill the insurance company for the test rather than bill you for it.
- Payment: If your insurance does not cover the cost of testing, or if you do not have insurance, you will be responsible for paying out of pocket for the test. So make sure to bring your chosen method of payment with you.
If you have any questions about COVID-19 drive-through testing, contact the clinic where you are being tested. Here are some things you may want to consider when choosing a COVID-19 drive-through testing provider.
- The medical service provider’s reputation and reviews from past patients
- How easy and convenient it is to schedule an appointment with the provider
- What type of test the provider offers (PCR, antigen, etc.), and how long it usually takes to get COVID-19 test results back from the provider
Ultimately, it is up to you to decide which factors are most important in choosing a testing provider, but considering the above-mentioned factors makes for a convenient experience.
COVID-19 Drive-Through Testing in Richmond Hills, TX
EMC Express Care is a trusted provider of COVID-19 testing in Richmond Hills. We provide rapid results from in-house and send-out COVID-19 testing, and also offer mobile lab PCR testing services for self-pay patients. You may need to make an appointment depending on the type of COVID-19 testing service you need.
If you have any questions, feel free to call EMC Express Care today at (817) 503-8800. Our friendly staff welcomes your call.